People are often confused about where Harry Potter land is located.
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is located at Univeral Orlando Resort and spans over two theme parks, Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure. There are no Harry Potter-themed areas or attractions at Walt Disney World Resort.
Let’s take a closer look at where you can find Harry Potter attractions in Orlando.
How to Get to The Wizarding World Harry Potter
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is one of Orlando’s biggest draws, but don’t head to Disney World to find it.
The area, known as Harry Potter land or Harry Potter World, is located at Univeral Orlando Resort. The themed land is split between Universal’s two theme parks – Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Island of Adventure.
Universal Studios Florida’s Harry Potter land is a re-creation of Diagon Alley. Universal’s Islands of Adventure’s area is a re-creation of Hogsmeade.
You may need to know the exact address if you’re plugging it into your GPS.
The address for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is 6000 Universal Blvd, Orlando, FL 32819.
Here are the directions from Orlando International Airport to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter:
- Orlando International Airport – 1 Jeff Fuqua Blvd, Orlando, FL 32827
- Get on FL-528 W/FL-528 Toll W – 3 min (2.2 mi)
- Continue on FL-528 W/FL-528 Toll W to Universal Blvd. Take exit 75A from I-4 E – 13 min (13.8 mi)
- Continue on Universal Blvd to your destination – 3 min (0.8 mi)
- Wizard World of Harry Potter (Universal Studios Florida) – 6000 Universal Blvd, Orlando, FL 32819
If you’re not renting a car or taking your own, there are several different ways to get to Wizarding World. See our How to Get from Orlando Airport to Universal Studios page for more on this subject.
How Far is Harry Potter Land from Disney World?
According to Google Maps, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is 8.7 miles from Disney World. It takes roughly 15-30 minutes to travel between the two locations.
Be sure to check out our article about how to go between Disney World and Universal Orlando Resort. This page explains how to travel from Disney World to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (Universal Orlando Resort) without a car. Options include Uber, taxi, shuttle bus, and more.
Here are the directions from Disney World to Universal’s Harry Potter World:
- Walt Disney World® Resort
- Head west on Hotel Plaza Blvd – 0.2 mi
- Make a U-turn – 0.2 mi
- Turn right at the 1st cross street onto S Apopka Vineland Rd – 0.1 mi
- Take the ramp to Orlando – 0.9 mi
- Merge onto I-4 E – 5.3 mi
- Take exit 74A for FL-482/Sand Lake Rd toward International Dr – 0.3 mi
- Turn right onto FL-482 E/W Sand Lake Rd (signs for Tourist Info. Ctr/International Dr/Convention Ctr) – 0.4 mi
- Continue straight onto FL-482 E – 0.1 mi
- Turn left onto Universal Blvd 0.3 mi
- Destination: 6000 Universal Blvd, Florida 32819
How to Buy Tickets for Harry Potter World
If you purchase a single park ticket, you’ll only be allowed to experience The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at that particular park.
What if you wish to explore both (all) sections of Harry Potter on the same day? In this case, you’ll need a Park-to-Park Access ticket. Park-to-Park Access is slightly more expensive than single park tickets but it gives you access to the Hogwarts Express, a train ride that brings guests between both lands of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
Questions? Ready to purchase your Harry Potter tickets? Contact the Universal Studios travel agents at The Vacationeer for your free quote.
Is it Worth Going to Harry Potter Land?
Absolutely! Everyone should check it out, especially if you are a Harry Potter.
It’s a must even if you’re staying at Disney World. Why not spend a day or two at Universal and the rest at Disney World? They are so close and each one has its own unique character.
Don’t take our word for it. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is ranked 1 out of 436 in TripAdvisor’s list of “best things to do in Orlando.”
To be ranked #1 in Orlando speaks volumes to how awesome this park is!