Is Disney After Hours is worth the money?
The answer to this depends on a few factors like:
- Who you are traveling with?
- What are your priorities during the vacation?
- What is your budget?
- How long is your vacation?
Here are a few possible reasons why Disney After Hours is right for you:
- If you are only at Disney World for a few days and want to get as many rides in as possible. This allows you to experience the popular rides at night – without waiting in the long lines – so that your regular days are free to see and do other things. It’s especially good if you wish to experience Magic Kingdom without the crowds.
- Disney After Hours is great for those who don’t like planning ahead or just book their trip on short notice. Since many of the popular Genie+/Lightning Lane attractions are crowded during normal operating hours, these nighttime events allow you to just waltz into the park and go on the popular rides without any advance reservations.
- You are night owls and the sound of going on rides when it’s dark out – and maybe sleeping in the next morning – sounds like fun.
- Experiencing Disney After Hours means that you won’t worry about the sun, and the temperatures are most likely cooler than during the daytime.
Decision Time: Is Disney After Hours Worth It?
In summary, yes, it is expensive, but the extra cost may be worth it.
If you fit any of the criteria listed above, then we say “go for it!”
Think about replacing a day at Magic Kingdom with a Disney After Hours date for Magic Kingdom.
This will allow you to experience all of the popular rides without the inconvenience of long lines, Disney Genie+ worries, hot temps, etc. And the cost of unlimited Mickey Bars, popcorn, and bottled drinks can really add up so this can be a significant saving (remember: these are totally free at night).
If you are staying in Disney World for a week or more, then Disney After Hours may not be worth it because you’ll have plenty of time to explore the park – and ride all the rides – over the course of your stay.
It also may not be the best if you have a large group.
Why? Well, because it’s costly and most people will want to be at the parks during the day.
But again, every group is different so all these issues should be debated before you book your trip.