Transportation at Universal Orlando Resort is easy to figure out.
From the airport, guests can take Universal’s SuperStar Shuttle to their on-site hotel. Once at the resort, Universal Orlando hotel guests will receive complimentary bus and water taxi transportation to and from CityWalk (next to the theme parks).
Let’s take a closer looker look at Universal Orlando transportation.
Universal Orlando’s SuperStar Shuttle
Univeral’s SuperStar Shuttle offers roundtrip ground transportation between Orlando International Airport and any one of Universal’s on-site hotels.
Anyone who books a Universal Orlando vacation package will have the opportunity to book a transfer with the company’s SuperStar Shuttle. The cost of a roundtrip ticket on the SuperStar Shuttle is $39 per adult and $29 for children ages 3 – 9.
The SuperStar Shuttle whisks you from the airport to your hotel with ease and comfort. When your stay is over, the shuttle will pick you up at your hotel and return you to the airport. One-way options are also available.
A trip on the SuperStar Shuttle takes roughly 30 minutes and each trip can accommodate up to 25 passengers.
Note: There may be stops at other Universal Orlando Resort Hotels to unload passengers before it reaches your hotel.
Location: Orlando International Airport (MCO)
Universal Orlando Resort Hotels Include:
- Universal’ Aventura Hotel
- Loews Sapphire Falls Resort
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort
- Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
- Hard Rock Hotel®
- Universal’s Aventura Hotel
- Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort
- Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Dockside Inn and Suites
- Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn and Suites
SuperStar Shuttle Cost (Roundtrip):
- Adult: $39 (tax inclusive)
- Child (3-9): $29 (tax inclusive)
- Children 2 & Under: Free
- Adult: $23 (tax inclusive)
- Child (3-9): $18 (tax inclusive)
- Children 2 & Under: Free
SuperStar Shuttle Pick-Up Area:
- Flights arriving between 7:00 am and 8:30 pm: Go to Baggage Claim on Level 2 to get your belongings, then proceed to the Hotel Transportation Desk on Level 1 (Ground Transportation) of the terminal specified by your airline. Here you’ll be welcomed by a Universal Orlando Representative and receive your Travel Wallet and instructions for your Universal’s SuperStar Shuttle pickup.
- Flights arriving before 7:00 am and after 8:30 pm: Instructions will be provided (in advance) for the retrieval of the Univeral’s SuperStar Shuttle and Travel Wallet.
The shuttle does not service Sanford Orlando Airport.
Are there alternatives to the SuperStar Shuttle?
The answer is “yes.” Here are some of your choices:
- Rideshare: Uber and Lyft are everywhere in the Orlando area. They provide a good balance between cost, comfort, and convenience.
- Taxi: Mears Transportation Group dominates the taxi industry in this area. You can call them at 888-983-3346 or visit mearstransportation.com.
- Car Rental: Want a vehicle during your stay? Reserve a car and pick it up once you arrive at the airport, OR book the Roll, Room & Ride Vacation Package (Hotel, Tickets, Car Rental, and perks). Contact The Vacationeer for more information.
Transportation between Universal’s Hotels and Theme Parks
Universal’s on-site resorts are walkable to CityWalk, Universal Studios, and the Island of Adventure. There are convenient walking paths connecting the resorts to the parks.
All of the hotels are within walking distance of the entrances of the theme parks. There are convenient walking paths connecting the resorts to the parks.
The Hard Rock Hotel is the closest (5 min walk), Royal Pacific and Sapphire Falls are about a 10-minute walk, and Portofino Bay and Cabana Bay Beach are within 15-20 minutes of the parks.
Guest staying at most Universal Orlando on-site hotels will receive complimentary water taxi transportation. Transportation varies based on the hotel but most have water taxis that transport guests to CityWalk (between the gates of the two theme parks).
Once at CityWalk, it’s only a few minutes of walking to get to the theme parks.
The following hotels have water taxi services: Hard Rock Hotel, Portofino Bay Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort, and Saffire Falls Resort.
Water taxi boats depart every 15 minutes or so. They operate from about one hour before Early Park Entry until about 2 a.m. after CityWalk shuts down. Allow roughly 20 to 25 minutes for each boat ride.
Note that Cabana Bay Beach Resort doesn’t have a water taxi. Instead, guests board a dedicated bus that goes directly to CityWalk.
The majority of Universal partner hotels have shuttle bus services between the hotel and the resort. The hours and services vary based on the hotel so check with the front desk.
Universal’s water park Volcano Bay offers bus service from all on-site resorts. The water park is located right next to Cabana Bay so you can just walk from there.
Driving to Universal Orlando? The resort is home to two huge parking garages (holding around 20,000 cars). There are signs pointing you to the garages at all the resort entrances so they’re easy to find.
Guests driving to Universal have three parking options:
- Self Parking: Main garage parking costs $26 for cars and $32 for RVs and trailers. It’s free for Preferred and Premier annual pass holders, half-price for Power Pass holders, and Florida residents get free parking after 6 p.m. Prices are subject to change.
- Prime Self Parking: Parking on the garages’ central level is $40. They are the second-closest spots to the parks (after the handicapped parking). Premier annual pass holders get free parking and Preferred pass holders get a discounted rate. Some dates are blocked out.
- Valet Parking: Valet parking is also available. 2-hour parking at CityWalk is $26 or $55 for longer ($40 after 6 p.m.). Premier pass holders get valet parking for free and Preferred pass holders pay $20. Some dates are blocked out.
The best drop-off locations are at the Universal Boulevard entrance and at the lobby of the Hard Rock Hotel. From there, it’s just a short walk to the front gates.
That’s All There Is
The great thing about Universal Orlando vs Disney World is the ease of getting around Universal. It’s a much smaller park and much more walkable. Disney World transportation is fantastic, but it would be impossible to walk from one end of the property to the other.
I hope this Universal Orlando Transportation Guide is helpful. Have a great trip!
Need help planning and booking your Universal Orlando vacation? Look no further than The Vacationeer. This Disney and Universal travel agency will get you the best rates and make sure every aspect of your trip is as magical as possible.
For more on Universal, please see our Universal Orlando Crowd Calendar, Universal Orlando Map, Best Universal Orlando Rides, Wands at Universal Studios Orlando, Best Time to Go to Universal, and How Much Does it Cost to Go to Universal pages.