Disney World Deals: Disney World Discounts, Deals, and Coupon Codes
Find out how to receive Unique Offer Codes, Military Discounts, and other Disney World Discounts and Vacation Deals
People often regard Disney World as the ultimate family vacation destination…but rarely as the ultimate bargain destination. When you consider the cost of theme park tickets, resort stay, Disney Dining Plan, and a myriad of other various expenses, a Disney family vacation becomes a costly proposition. That said, Disney does offer several types of discounts that can reduce your overall expenses.
Let’s review some of the best Disney World discounts and deals, special offers, coupon codes, and other savvy money-saving strategies for your next vacation. Hopefully, by using these strategies, you’ll be able to increase your chances of getting the best Disney World deals possible.
Disney World Pin Code and Unique Offer Codes (Pin Coupon Codes)
What are Unique Offer Code Discounts for Your Disney Vacation?
Although it’s not advertised to the general public – or even widely known by many people – Disney World does offer pin code discounts to a select few potential guests. Generally speaking, these promotional pin codes offer better deals than anything offered to the public and are thus considered the “holy grail” of discounts for Disney World.
Disney pin codes are commonly referred to as Unique Offer Codes. These codes will give you special discounts to apply to certain aspects of your trip.
Such discounts and specials may include early Free Dining discounts, “kids play free” discounts, room-only discounts, Free Dining for dates unavailable to the public, or some other deep discount on a vacation package.
Unique Offer Codes are non-transferable and the person who receives them is the only one who can use them. There are no exceptions.
Pin codes come by way of snail mail or email invitations. The letter will be addressed to a particular individual and contain a unique pin number that only the addressee can use to book their next trip.
How do you receive Unique Offer Codes for Disney World?
As we mentioned, pin codes are targeted to a limited number of recipients and aren’t advertised to the general public. So how does Disney decide who will receive UOCs?
The answer is not so clear-cut.
No one knows exactly why some are chosen to receive the offers while others aren’t so lucky. It could be entirely a totally random process. However, many people believe Disney’s algorithms are set to analyze your booking habits and online activity, and then it chooses a select number of guests to receive a pin code. The idea is that these incentives may nudge those of you who seem to be on the fence about booking a trip into actually booking a trip. Giving the impression of being a cheapskate may pay off in this case!
Whatever the rationale, these codes are often a pleasant surprise when they are received. And they do typically encourage people to book, especially when a last-minute bargain presents itself. Last-minute deals tend to be the deepest discounts for Disney World tickets and hotels of all.
How do you increase your chances of receiving a pin code/Unique Offer Code for your Disney World vacation?
Here are a few suggestions:
- Go to https://www.disneyplanning.com/destinations and choose at least one video to watch from the Disney free library of vacation videos. Follow the steps and sign up with your personal information.
- Proceed through Disney’s website (DisneyWorld.com) and proceed to book a resort while you are logged into your My Disney Experience account. Select your hotel and the dates that you wish to book. Continue through the steps until you get to the actual purchasing screen but stop there and log off before making any reservation.
- Choose a random or unpopular date as you make Advanced Dining Reservations. Then cancel it right away.
- Use a different email address (that has never been used to book for Disney before) and create a new My Disney Experience account.
- Always choose to receive communications from the “Walt Disney Family of Companies” to increase your chances.
- Create a Disney Movie Rewards account at http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/member/index.htm
Be sure to always use your real name, your real mailing address, and a real email address that you will have access to in the future. Unique Offer Codes can only be used if your name, address, and email accounts match the intended recipient.
Monitor Disney World’s Website for Discounts, Offers, and Special Deals
Another way to save money on your vacation expenses is to monitor Disney’s own “Special Offers, Deals, and Discounts” page.
Most of these deals are for vacation package discounts (holiday or otherwise), reduced rates for members of the US military or for Florida residents, deals for Annual Passholders, or special savings for Disney credit cardholders. The list of current promotions is always changing so remember to re-check Disney’s website for the latest deals.
Disney World Discounts, Offers, and Deals for Annual Passholders
Disney World Annual Passes
Frequent guests may benefit from purchasing a Disney World Annual Pass.
Passholders are eligible for a host of special offers, exclusive events, and wonderful discounts that only they can receive.
To be more specific, Annual Passholders will receive special Passholder communications, exclusive offers for stays at Disney Resort hotels and are eligible for discounts on dining, merchandise, recreation, tours, and more.
Disney Passholders receive discounts (typically between 10-20%) at select Disney dining locations, merchandise locations, select events, and certain entertainment options, as well as discounts for bike and boat rentals, fitness and spa locations, and more.
Check out the Annual Passholder discounts for more information.
So are Annual Passes discounts worth it?
The answer to this depends on how frequently you plan on visiting Disney World in any given year.
See the breakdown of costs below to see if you think an Annual Pass will save you more money than a pass-as-you-go strategy.
The 3 tiers of Disney World tickets Annual Passes
Annual pass sales are currently suspended. Here is the breakdown of the Annual Passes previously offered:
- Disney Platinum Plus Pass (2020 Rates – $1295, or $995 for Fl Residents/DVC)
The Disney Platinum Plus Pass gives you 1-year of admission to all 4 theme parks and Disney’s 2 water parks, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, and Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course. There are no blackout dates. You may visit all theme parks on the same day (akin to a Park Hopper), and Disney PhotoPass downloads are included. Platinum Plus Passholders also receive standard theme park parking and up to 20% off select dining and merchandise.
- Disney Platinum Pass (2020 Rates – $1195, or $899 for FL Residents/DVC)
The Disney Platinum Pass will give you everything the Platinum Plus Pass offers with the exception of admission to the water parks, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, and Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course.
- Water Parks Annual Pass ($139)
The Disney Water Parks Annual Pass gives you 1-year of admission to Disney’s Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon water parks during normal park hours.
See Disney’s website to learn more about their annual pass program. You may also call (407) WDW-PASS or contact your Disney travel agent.
Discounts on Disney World Family Vacation Packages
Family Vacation Packages
Disney typically offers several promotional vacation packages at any given time which are geared toward families. Usually, they are for travel during a specific week or season, including holidays and off-peak times. Since the list of current promotions is ever-changing, we recommend that you monitor Disney’s special promotional deals page to keep up-to-date on the current offerings.
As an example, a few recent Disney World family vacation package deals include:
- A vacation package for a family of four, including 4 nights at select Disney All-Star Value Resorts and 4 days of theme park tickets for the entire family. Room and ticket packages are for select dates and start at $2145
- A 3 night/2-day resort and ticket package for three starts at $995.
Disney World Military Discounts
Disney World salutes the members of the US Armed Services by offering them special discounted rates.
Disney currently has the following discounts available to eligible current and former service members:
- 4-Day Military Promotional Ticket (w/Park Hopper Option) for $241 + tax
- 5-Day Military Promotional Ticket (w/ Park Hopper Option) for $257 + tax
- 4-Day Military Promotional Ticket (w/ Park Hopper Plus Option) for $291 + tax
- 5-Day Military Promotional Ticket (w/ Park Hopper Plus Option) for $307 + tax
*prices are subject to change and some restrictions apply
- Disney World Military discounts are for “Eligible Service Members” only. This includes active or retired members of the United States Military (National Guard, U.S. Coast Guard, Reservists, the Commissioned Corps of the Public Health Service (PHS), and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). Spouses of Military Service Members also qualify when they present valid and active U.S. Military IDs without their Eligible Service Member spouse present.
- You can purchase Disney Military Promotional Tickets at participating U.S. military sales outlets. Eligible Service Members (or their spouses) require a valid military identification at the time of purchase.
- No more than six (6) Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased by any Eligible Service Member or spouse. One of the tickets must be used by the Eligible Service Member (or spouse).
For more information on Military Promotional Tickets, visit the nearest Military Base Ticket Office for details. You may also call (407) 939-7830 to check on room availability or to make your room reservations.
Disney World Discounts for Florida Residents
Special Tickets, Passes, and Offers exclusively for Florida Residents
Florida residents are eligible to receive special Staycation promotional rates at select Disney Resort Hotels, as well as choose from discounted 3 and 4-day theme park ticket options. Florida residents can also take advantage of their close proximity to Disney World Resort by purchasing an Annual Pass. You may choose from 6 different types of passes that allow you:
- Same-day admission into all 4 Disney theme parks (excluding Epcot After 4 Pass)
- Parking at all 4 Disney theme parks
- Plus limited-time offers and special discounts on Disney World dining, merchandise, hotel resort stays
Florida residents are can participate in a monthly payment program. Down payment is required, and then it’s just a small amount per month thereafter.
For more information on these discounts, check out our article on Florida Resident deals, and see Disney’s discount page for Florida residents.
Disney World Discounts for Senior Citizens
Does Disney offer special discounts or deals for seniors?
While Disney World Resort doesn’t offer senior citizen discounts on hotel stays, park tickets, or vacation packages, there may be special offers available through senior citizen organizations. We suggest checking with AARP to find out how to save money on other things while you are in Florida such as activities and restaurants outside of Disney World.
Additionally, seniors should check Disney’s general special offers that they may be able to take advantage of.
Better yet, contact The Vacationeer to find the newest and deepest discounts available. These offers might not be specifically for senior citizens, but savvy budget-conscious vacationers of all ages can take advantage of these offers.
Click HERE for a free, no-obligation price quote from The Vacationeer!
Travel Planners can help you find Disney World Discounts and Deals
As you may have read on our Disney Travel Planners page, a travel agent who specializes in Disney World vacations can be a major asset in many ways, including their ability to find you the best possible rates.
As their client, a Disney travel agent will answer your questions and concerns, help you plan a comprehensive itinerary, search for the best current deals and promotional rates, and book every aspect of your Disney vacation for you. Once the trip is booked, they will continue to monitor any new promotions that pop up, and (if they can save some additional money) they can go into the system and change your reservation so that the new lower rate is applied to your trip.
Using a Disney travel planner will save you time and money. They will give you peace of mind. And – maybe best of all – the services of a Disney vacation planner are entirely free of charge! We highly recommend using one, especially if you are visiting Disney World for the first or second time.
Save on Disney Gift Cards
There are many ways to save money on Disney World hotels, tickets, food, and souvenirs. One that we particularly like is to find ways to save on Disney Gift Cards.
In case you don’t know, you can purchase Disney Gift Cards online and at various retail locations across the country. The cards essentially replace cash or credit cards at various Disney locations and make it easy to purchase anything you want. It’s more of a convenience thing than anything. However, there are strategies to get discounted Disney Gift Cards which will save you money on your next trip.
Here are a few tips:
- Save 5% on Disney Gift Cards when you use Target’s REDcard
- Sign up for the Blue Cash Preferred Card (American Express) and earn 6% at grocery stores, plus an additional $200 cashback
- Take advantage of Kroger’s 4X Fuel Points promotion and get up to 20% off Disney Gift Cards<
- Save up to 10% on Disney Gift Cards when you use your Discover Card to make purchases at a wholesale club
See our Disney Gift Card Discounts page for a detailed explanation of these strategies.
We hope that this Disney World Discounts, Deals, and Coupons page is helpful as you search for the best possible rates. If you need assistance with booking your vacation package, contact our recommended travel agency – The Vacationeer. Click HERE for a free, no-obligation price quote.
For more helpful Disney World vacation information, see our other pages, including Disney World for Adults, Disney Dining Plan, Disney Dining Plan Calculator, Christmas at Disney World, Pets at Disney, Disney World Map, and our Disney Crowd Calendar pages. Or, compare other options by finding out if a Disney Cruise is worth it. Have a magical vacation!