Even though the Magical Express service has been discontinued, you’re still able to take a shuttle bus or passenger van from Orlando Airport to Disney World. Shuttles and vans can be a great option and they may end up being the most economical choice depending on how large your family or group is.
A new option from Mears is being branded as a Magical Express replacement (for a fee, of course). This new service is called Mears Connect.
The new route debuted on January 1st, 2022, the same date Disney’s Magical Express service was officially discontinued. The route connects Orlando International Airport to the Walt Disney World Resort hotels.
Pricing for Mears Connect:
- Standard Service, One-Way: $16.00 per adult. $13.50 per child.
- Standard Service, Round-Trip: $32.00 per adult. $27.00 per child.
- Express Service, Round Trip: $250.00 for up to 4 passengers. $55.00 per additional passenger.
Mears promises that the new bus service provides the same type of reliable, safe, and express service that we have become accustomed to from the Magical Express. It’s a credible claim, as Mears was the company which operated the original Magical Express on Disney’s behalf.
Please note that shuttle busses for the Standard Service will make more than one stop. If you are looking for expedited service to and from the resort, you can book the Express Service. Contact The Vacationeer for more information.
The Sunshine Flyer
The Sunshine Flyer is the newest shuttle option between Orlando International Airport and Walt Disney World Resort. The service was launched by Transportation Management Services (TMS) and is themed around old-fashioned passenger cars and train engines.
Service on The Sunshine Flyer began on February 1, 2022.
Pricing for Sunshine Flyer:
- Shared Service, One-Way: $19.50 per adult. $11.00 per child.
- Shared Service, Round Trip: $39.00 per adult. $22.00 per child.
- Direct Service, One-Way: $120 (sedan). $145 (SUV). $160 (van).
- Direct Service, Round-Trip: $240 (sedan). $290 (SUV). $320 (van).
Tickets should be booked at least 4 days ahead of arrival.
Contact The Vacationeer for more information.
Comparable to Mears Connect. No nonsense and affordable bus transportation to and from Walt Disney World.
Shared service unless you pay extra for Direct Service