When is the Best Time to Visit Disneyland?
There isn’t really a right or wrong time to visit Disneyland. The best time will really depend on your own set of interests.
If you wish to visit when crowds are expected to be lower, then plan your trip mid-week if possible. Lines tend to be shorter Tuesdays through Thursdays during off-peak periods.
Which months are less crowded at Disneyland?
Lines will be shorter:
- mid-January through mid-March
- mid-April through mid-May
- mid-September through mid-November
The disadvantages of going to Disneyland during the off-season are:
- Some of the nighttime entertainment may be scheduled for weekends (and not during the mid-week)
- Certain rides may be shut down for maintenance
- The park hours are usually shorter during off-peak times and longer during the summer and other peak times, and 4. there are fewer events, fireworks, shows, and parades during the slow season.
With that said, the most crowded periods aren’t always the “worst” times to visit Disneyland Resort.
Disneyland’s two theme parks do tend to be more crowded during the summer months (June, July, August), and that can mean longer rides for rides, food, and even to speak with Guest Relations. However, the parks extend their hours every day from late May until early September. You can also expect the theme park to operate with longer hours during holiday periods and school breaks, as well as host more shows, parades, and fireworks. So there are plenty of trade-offs to consider when deciding when you should visit Disneyland; it just depends on your priorities.
Check the Park Hours section for a list of the hours, events, entertainment, and refurbishments.